Monday, April 21, 2008

it's not our fault

On Friday morning, a magnitude 5.2 earthquake shook the midwest. Though it was centered in southeastern Illinois, it was felt as far west as Kansas.

Well, I did not feel the quake. But it did wake me up--in Kansas. At that time Friday morning, I was awakened by the sound of rattling--not sure if it was a chandelier or barrister bookcase doors or something else, but the rattling seemed to last for a long time. I looked at the clock and fell right back to sleep. Only later in the day, when I read the news, did I realize what it was that caused what I heard.

2 comments:

Joan said...

We felt it in Central Iowa! My neighbor knew that something was going on because her dog went crazy right before she felt it!

TwinLawyerMommy said...

Our house in Colorado has been shaking very badly lately, too. It's due to the loud, obnoxious road construction right behind our house, though! :) Good news is that we probably will get to add four feet across the back of our yard to our property, though! For free!