Monday, October 6, 2008

i choose happiness

Earlier this morning I caught myself singing or humming a praise song kind of out loud. You should also know I was doing this at work in an open cubicle environment at an advertising agency. I didn't care. But what got my attention was I realized I was doing this somewhat subconsciously during the crisis of the moment.

The last few weeks have been kind of brutal. My work has been stressful. My home life has been difficult (I seem to be attracting plumbing problems at an alarming rate). My relationships have been stressful (my fault). My favorite football teams have been losing every weekend. My favorite baseball team has been awful for years. Gas is expensive. Everything else is too. I still don't have a Nintendo Wii.

DON'T MISUNDERSTAND: I know that many other people have it much worse than I do. I'm NOT complaining. I just wanted you to know that--if you're looking at me saying "He's got it all together"--you're only partially right.

If we choose God, He will make joy complete. If we praise Him no matter what the circumstances, His favor will dictate what happens in our lives.

I choose joy. I choose praise. I choose God.

Go. Read John 15. Have complete joy.

No comments: