Friday, September 3, 2010

crossing over to the dark side

I never thought it would happen. However, I have recently been using a TI 83-Plus. Having used hp calculators almost exclusively for 21 years--well, it's been an acquired taste that I've had to learn to like. And, you know, I think I'm liking it.

For most of my career I've taught college math classes as an adjunct instructor. In fact, I've now worked at 6 different Kansas City area colleges. I usually don't require a particular calculator but this semester, my department at the school where I teach requires my students to have a TI-83 or TI-84 calculator.

So, I've been teaching myself to use one. I like it. It's a little bit easier to use than my old hp 48G. It has some really cool features (table). But I do miss RPN. Hmmm, I wonder if the TI will integrate or differentiate a function like the 48G does.

Meanwhile, I'm not going to leave hp for ti. However, I might flirt with her a little bit.

Pssst: hp calculators are 15% off right now with free shipping from the hp store.

No comments: