Monday, July 21, 2008

which cat engineer is real?

OK, so one of you forwarded me a funny video. Don't do that. Anyway, this time I clicked on it and watched the first minute or so before getting tired of it and shutting it off. In that first minute or so, though, a hp calculator made the cut. Stay tuned.

Here is the video. It is about two engineers explaining what cats are. Now, if you happen to like engineers or (dare I say) cats, you might find this video amusing. I don't like either and I did not care for the video. (OK--I kinda do like some engineers--I don't like cats.)

But note the two calculators in the calculator duel scene early on. The guy on the left (an engineer?) appears to be holding a TI graphing calculator.

But, look closely at the other calculator--the one on the right. It's one of the late '80s clamshells--the hps without a family name. I'm not sure exactly which model it is, but I'm guessing 28S (orlando for you guys that know your hp names) or 28C (paladin). These first RPL programmables are super-cool. I've got a couple.

Obviously, the guy on the right is the coolest cat-explaining engineer this side of Palo Alto. Moral: Cat engineering can be done with any old calculator, but...um, ok, so maybe I don't know the moral, but it's nice to see an hp in the movies.

No comments: