Tuesday, April 20, 2010

with the fifth pick of the 2010 nfl draft...

OK, here goes. I generally don't care much what happens on draft day. Usually, my team drafts some guy from LSU who never lives up to his potential. This year, they probably won't follow my advice either. But, here it goes anyway. I'll give you my 15 reasons first, then the advice.

1. Carson Palmer
2. Charles Rogers
3. Andre Johnson
4. Dewayne Robertson
5. Terence Newman
6. Johnathan Sullivan
7. Byron Leftwich
8. Jordan Gross
9. Kevin Williams
10. Terrell Suggs
11. Marcus Trufant
12. Jimmy Kennedy
13. Ty Warren
14. Michael Haynes
15. Jerome McDougle

Every one of these men was drafted ahead of Troy Polamalu in the 2003 NFL draft. And, somewhat parenthetically, that 16th pick of 2003 could have belonged to the Kansas City Chiefs--my team.

This year, a safety, Tennessee's Eric Berry, is legitimately one of the top prospects entering the League. He'll still be on the board at 5 when the Chiefs pick.

Attention Mr. Pioli: Please draft Berry. If you do, you'll be taking a risk but the potential reward is so worth it. If you don't, Berry will probably have an amazing career in Cleveland. I hate orange.

1 comment:

kcrazorback said...

Well, I can't believe it. With the 5th pick, the Kansas City Chiefs actually selected (drum roll) Eric Berry, safety, U of Tennessee. Uh oh. If it turns out I was wrong, all of y'all will be hatin' me.