Friday, June 13, 2008

merry Christmas

OK, I know it's not really Christmas. But any day I hear about new hp calculator models feels a little like Christmas morning. And so, today I present the new models I've heard about:

I've always been a really big fan of hp financial calculators. Financial professionals seem to love 'em as well. This new model, the 20b seems to be the perfect basic scientific. What? Oh yeah, it is a financial calculator--it also calculates IRRs and amortizations with classic 12b ease but it's combined with basic trig functions for example. I think it will end up being a great one for your student or consumer who just wants the power of a financial calculator occasionally to calculate car payments, etc. Of course, soon, the car will be free with each tank of gas purchased.

Check out the new graphing calculator, the 40gs here. I'm not much into the graphing ones so won't offer much of an opinion. It looks like it'll be a midgrade (maybe in the $99-$110 range) that will be a fantastic choice over the $150 version.

Wow, it looks like our old calculator company is introducing a whole new line of products: the Home and Office category. With three new calculators that give you the feel of an old-school adding machine and one really cool looking basic (think 4-function) model, there is something for almost any office or retail environment. If you don't have to calculate payments or IRRs, consider one of these:

The OfficeCalc 100 appears to be your basic adding-machine but it's all hp under the hood. The OfficeCalc 200 looks like the 100 but is actually quite a bit bigger. And, if you really need the register tape on your adding machine, check out the PrintCalc 100.

Out of all the new models, though, my very favorite may just end up being the QuickCalc. It looks really cool. It is rugged. It goes anywhere. It's magnetic. In short it's just like me: attractive, simple, rugged, magnetic. OK, I'm not really magnetic. But this calculator looks like it will be great. The design is creative.

OK, so my Christmas gift to you is a blog post. Well, it's not really Christmas either, is it? So, stop your complaining. If you want to get me a gift, I'll take one of each of the products listed above.

1 comment:

TwinLawyerMommy said...

I believe Jesus was born in April.