Thursday, September 27, 2007

why the hog blogs

OK, to answer the question of those of you that know me as to why I'm writing a blog and have recently become active on social networking sites. My employer is making me. Well, not just me, but all 300 employees at Barkley should be blogging and facebooking right now--maybe not at the same time. Gotta say I really have enjoyed the experiment and plan to continue blogging after tomorrow's deadline. What a great way to get my thoughts out and to share resources. Of course, I am still the top reader of this blog.

Barkley colleagues: here are some interesting stats I found on another blog regarding the relative success of email marketing as opposed to other online marketing techniques. Perhaps a customer willing to give our clients his or her email addresses is an advocate. Perhaps social network buzz as a marketing tool is overrated.

No comments: