Wednesday, December 26, 2007

a pattern to follow

It snowed in Kansas City today. This evening kcrazorback daughter and I played at the playground near our house. We walked through a snow covered parking lot on the way back. For no good reason, I dragged my big size-11 boots broadly in a serpentine pattern across the parking lot.

From the street, to check on daughter, I glanced back at the path I'd left. What I saw was my big old serpentine tracks next to a similar narrower path. Of course, she was not too far behind me as well. She'd added her own unique flourishes to the pattern, but, clearly, the direction she was traveling in was modeled for her.

Parents, we're being watched by someone who will do/say/think/be what we do... We should give our children a gift of great value. Let's try being worthy of emulating.

1 comment:

TwinLawyerMommy said...

We're watched not just by our children, but by everyone. You have been a very good example to me, brother. Love you!