Thursday, November 22, 2007

it really is green

Final Thanksgiving post: This was a good turkey day. I did not overeat. I did enjoy it very much. I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately, my family did not have T-giving with my mother today. I am certain that she had a lovely dinner with her sister and my brother and his family. I suspect there were other family and guests there as well. I also am sure that the pumpkin pie was green.

Yes, green pumpkin pie is a family tradition. It must be in the recipe. Ginger, perhaps? Anyway, I always am leary of other people's orange pumpkin pie because I'd never had it that way. Pumpkin pie is supposed to be green. It's always been green and that's what I want.

Here's hoping you all had your very own version of hot hominy, turkey and dressing with chicken, two kinds of gravy, monkey bread, orange pie and green pumpkin pie. And, here's hoping you didn't forget to give thanks.

No comments: