Friday, March 21, 2008

have a good friday

Today is Good Friday. In the Christian tradition, this is the day we recognize that Jesus died on the cross. If you aren't Christian, please keep reading anyway.

In giving his law, God describes Himself as a jealous God. He desperately longs for a people who obey Him. But people are human. We disobey. On that amazing Friday afternoon 1,979 years ago (plus or minus 5), He was satisfied. On that day, all of us who believe were brought into a relationship with the very God who so desperately longed for us.

Jesus longed for His people (Luke 13:34) in the same way.

Whether we knew it or not, we needed His amazing sacrifice.

For all parties involved, the terrible thing that happened that Friday afternoon so long ago was the best thing that could have ever happened. Our God and our Lord should never have had to make the sacrifice that He did. But I am so thankful that He did. He died for me. He also died for you. If you believe that, you are saved. If you don't, please let me study this topic with you. I will never force you to believe, but I'd love to share my story with you.

Have a wonderful Good Friday.