Monday, March 3, 2008

welcome home, don gibbs

Most Christians just don't get it. It's not that we're less saved than other Christians. We just don't fully comprehend the weight of the sacrifice that our God made for us.

Don Gibbs got it. He didn't just acknowledge faith in God. He knew his God. He knew and taught scripture so very well--especially Isaiah. He didn't just know the prophecy of the Messiah and Savior. He knew Him as his personal Messiah and Savior.

With all the amazing knowledge he had, what really amazes me is the level of his humility. Don was perhaps one of the most humble men I've ever known.

Don, thank you for your example. Thank you for your teaching. Thank you for showing us how to be humble. We will miss you.

3 comments:

gamma raise said...

Who is Don Gibbs?

Unknown said...

Greg,
Thank you for such a wonderful tribute to my dad. He was truly an amazing man and we miss him greatly. I ran across this post today as I was searching the internet for something he wrote that my mom wanted printed - what a nice surprise it was!

Dayna (Gibbs) Roos

michalsam said...

Buy Best Frozen Chicken Fingers