Friday, October 5, 2007

drink like you mean it

My morning commute usually means I-70 eastbound into K.C. from the Kansas side. Earlier this week, that meant following a delivery truck with a giant Bacardi bottle painted on the back along with this tag line, "Live like you mean it." Don't know for sure what living like you mean it has to do with rum, but I'm sure somebody out there does. Actually, I do get it--I work for an advertising agency after all.

A better tag line for that truck might be something like "Drive like you did not just drink this bottle of Bacardi." 'Cause my fellow KC commuters drive wonderfully. And by wonder I mean you wonder how they ever passed a driver's test because they don't have a clue. OK, yeah, I know bad driving is everywhere.

Actually, I like the tag line. Live like you mean it. If you drink, though, drink responsibly. Never mix your drinking and your driving. Drive courteously, thoughtfully, safely and (gasp) slowly.

Live like you mean it. Drive like you mean for life to continue, especially if you're on I-70 eastbound between 8 and 8:30.

No comments: