Wednesday, February 25, 2009

with that halo he must be an angel

The college baseball season just started which reminds me of my wedding day.

One week before I got married I spent the entire day outside. The day began with the annual Red-White intra-squad scrimmage football game at Razorback Stadium. Being the only football game of any kind in Arkansas from November to August it is usually well-attended. I was there in 1989. Following the football game, most of the spectators walked the two blocks to the baseball stadium for a double-header between Arkansas and SWC rival Texas. I watched all three games from the opening kickoff to the final out. Sitting in the bleachers watching sports for eight hours gave me a really dark tan.

One day before getting married I got a haircut--a short one. Of course the skin under the hair that had been trimmed was lily white giving my head a sort-of halo appearance. As the 20-year old videotape degrades I become even more angelic.

1 comment:

gamma raise said...

You need to copy that video to have a little better preservation. Keep the old, however, for more haloing. You may need that, too.