Thursday, February 19, 2009

yes or no, just answer me already

Mrs. kcrazorback and I are steaming toward our 20th wedding anniversary in a couple of months. So, I plan to post some stories from those 20 years several times between now and then. I'll try to keep it tame.

Engagement: In November of '88, I asked the young lady to marry me. She started laughing hysterically. I'm not completely sure that I ever got an answer from her. I was pretty sure that was what she wanted. But you probably know what it is to have a litte self-doubt at a young age. Anyway, as we started telling people right away you could tell how happy she was.

Of course, a few months later the preacher would ask her if she would marry me. She had no trouble answering him. Tellin' you though: I would have gotten the joke if she'd just laughed at him.

Laughter still fills our lives together. We all laugh frequently.

Does laughter=yes?

1 comment:

gamma raise said...

What a funny question.