Sunday, March 1, 2009

facing the music

Mrs. kcrazorback and I are two months shy of our 20th anniversary. So I'm blogging lots of stories related to those 20 years in this space between now and then. Keep reading.

Facing the audience: in a fit of premarital insanity, bride and groom decided to face the audience the whole ceremony. I guess we'd been to enough weddings where you show up, look at the backs of the people you came to see and then go home.

What we learned is they do that for a reason. Or maybe several. Anyway, I have mine.

Never combine these three ingredients: standing facing the audience, uncomfortable shoes and a preacher that will talk for a very long time. This perfect storm occurred at our wedding.

The length of the wedding sermon is worthy of its own blog post and I may get to that, but I'll just say it was way longer than necessary. However, it did accomplish its purpose and we were married by the end.

If we ever repeat our vows in front of an audience, I'll want to see you but I can't face you.

2 comments:

TwinLawyerMommy said...

I actually fell during the ceremony. Luckily, I was standing in front of the piano which caught me. I don't think anyone ever noticed. Your shoes couldn't possibly have been more uncomfortable as mine. Mine were dyed-to-match (which are inherently excruciating), I was going through a huge growth spurt, so they were two sizes too small, AND, I had never worn two-inch heels before!!

gamma raise said...

I guess that's why they have r e c e p t i o n s;)