Monday, February 11, 2008

cinderella

Our town does a really cool thing each winter: Cinderella's Ball. If you can imagine hundreds of little girls and their dads eating, dancing, etc. at a big party you've got the picture.

Four-year old kcrazorback daughter and I attended a week ago. It was really cool. I danced with my daughter. I had fun with my daughter. She had fun with me. It was a very special evening (friends and family can see pictures and a video on my Facebook).

Contemporary Christian artist Steven Curtis Chapman has a really great song called Cinderella (hear it here). You see he knew something the prince never knew. I know the same thing. Midnight arrives too quickly. Cinderella will be gone. The song brings a tear to my eye. Actually, the truth to the song brings a tear to my eye. I know my little girl won't be little for very long.

I have to treasure every moment. I have to dance with her at every opportunity. I have to. I don't want to miss anything. Midnight is coming.

No comments: